Hostel Rules & Regulations
Part A: Admission Criteria for the Hostel Boarders
The selection and admission of the hostel boarders shall be based purely on the merit basis considering the performance of the class XII exam.
The IInd semester hostel boarders will be given priority to be admitted to the IIIrd semester hostels. If the seat is not available to accommodate the entire enrolled IInd semester hostel boarders, the selection and admission of the IIIrd semester hostels will be based on the merit basis. If any seat is vacant after allotting the IInd semester hostel boarders, the fresh applicants will be invited to fill up the vacant seat/s on the merit basis.
The IVth semester hostel boarders will be given priority to be admitted to the Vth semester hostels. If the seat is not available to accommodate the entire enrolled IVth semester hostel boarders, the selection and admission of the Vth semester hostels will be based on the merit basis. If any seat is vacant after allotting the IVth semester hostel boarders, the fresh applicants will be invited to fill up the vacant seat/s on the merit basis.
Note : The students having bad record of indisciplinary activity in their previous hostel or against whom stern action had been taken by the concern hostel superintendent or who have left hostel at mid-session will not be allowed to take admission in the next higher hostel. (Applicable to both IIIrd semester and Vth semester hostel)
Part B: General Rules and Regulation for Hostel
- For hostel admission a students will subscribe an under taking that he/she will not participate in bandhs, strikes, campaigning within hostel premises and in any unlawful activities, falling to which he/she will be rusticated from the hostel.
- A seat once allotted shall not be changed unless so allowed by the authority.
- No proxy occupant will be allowed for accommodation in the hostel. If any hostel boarder is found guilty, both the parties-the selected one and the proxy dweller will be terminated from hostel without refunding of hostel admission fees (mess fee, caution money or Govt. fees) as penalty.
- No guest shall be allowed to stay at the hostel.
- No hostel boarder shall leave the hostel for any reason without the prior consent or permission from the concerned hostel superintendent. If any boarder is found to be guilty, he/she will be served first and last warning notice at first instance and subsequent offence will lead to termination from the hostel.
- No girls are allowed to visit the boys’ hostel after 5 pm and no male students shall visit the girls’ hostel without permission. Parents/guardians may visit their wards only after obtaining permission from the superintendent. Visitors are not allowed to go directly into girls’ hostel rooms. They may meet them in waiting room or dining hall only.
- Unauthorized absence from the hostel and indisciplinary acts in the hostel will lead to forfeiture of the hostel seat and expulsion from the hostel.
- Each hostel boarder shall have a leave credit of 6 days per month. No further leave will be entertained. The leave application exceeding 3 days consecutively should be granted by the concern hostel superintendent only. Leave application for less than 3 days can be granted by the concern hostel prefect. The hostel boarders should apply for the leave in written form, addressed to the concerned hostel superintendent.
- Boarders are required to keep their seats and surrounding neat and clean.
- Preparation or consumption of alcohol or any intoxicating drugs in the hostel shall be viewed under indisciplinary activity. If any hosteller found to be guilty he/she shall be liable to expulsion from the hostel without any kind of refunds of the total admission fees without serving any notice.
- Tempering of electricity connections in the rooms, use of heater, cooking induction and room warmer are strictly prohibited.
- No boarder shall play tape recorder or radio set or mobile music or make noise during study time and night (after 8pm to 8 am) hours in the normal days.
- Every boarder shall join the hostel mess compulsorily. Hostel mess shall be run by a mess committee and mess manager constituted by the boarders under the guidance and supervision of the hostel superintendent.
- The executive members of the hostel consisting of Prefect, Asstt Prefect, mess committee, disciplinary committee, sanitation committee (health & hygiene) and sports incharge shall be appointed by the hostel superintendent to aid him/her in running the hostel administration smoothly.
- Camp fire and partying in hostel is strictly prohibited. Only formal functions namely Hostel Fresher’s Meet and hostel farewell will be allowed. That too, within a time limit till 10 pm only. Use of alcohol at formal function is strictly prohibited. The non formal functions such as hosting of any festival, celebrations, events etc within hostel premises is strictly prohibited.
- No boarder should destroy hostel property in any manner. If anybody is found guilty he/she has to replace the lost/damaged property at his/her own cost. If not then his/her mark sheet of the current semester will not be issued by the college authority.
- Security (caution) money shall not used for other purposes.
- Any situation which is not framed under the above rules shall be taken by the hostel superintendent with the consultation to the members of Hostel Management Committee DPGC Kamki.